Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mint and Cucumber Sharbat/Mint Cucumber Sorbet

Mint Cucumber Sorbet
Mint Cucumber Sorbet
Happy mothers day! and when it's a mother's day, I am here sharing my mom's favorite summer drink recipe.I am back with another summer quencher! I have never faced such a worst summer in Bangalore so far.So this year I am relying on these drinks.Back to my childhood days when I was in west Bengal, a hot and humid place, my mom used to make these summer drinks and I remember that this mint and cucumber sharbat used to be my childhood favorite drink.Sometimes I used to prepare it instead of mom as it is the super easy recipe.Even a kid can prepare this and its a fun!So I am sharing the recipe here.


Ingredients:(for serving 4 glasses)

  1. Cucumber - 1 1/2
  2. Mint - 1/2 bunch
  3. Lemon - 3-4
  4. Sugar - 4 tbsp
  5. Salt - 2 tsp
  6. Soda water/Limca/Mojitos/plain water (I have used plain water)
  7. Ice cubes

Method:
Blend all the ingredients together with little water.Pour them in 4 glasses and fill the remaining glass with soda water/Limca/Mojitos or plain cold water.
In case you are using mojitos then the consistency should be thinner.
Garnish with mint leave and ice cubes.
Mint Cucumber Sorbet
Mint Cucumber Sorbet

Mint Cucumber Sorbet
Mint Cucumber Sorbet


Mint Cucumber Sorbet
Mint Cucumber Sorbet


Mint Cucumber Sorbet
Mint Cucumber Sorbet


I am linking it with WTML - Nivedhanam and Gayathri

Foodabulous Fest Event organised by Simply TADKA and host by Daily Chores


Foodelicious : Only Event Of May
Foodelicious : Cook Like Mom
Zesty South Indian Kitchen :Favorite Recipe Drinks

9 comments:

  1. very refreshing drink, first time here, nice space u got. appreciate if u stop by at mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with this drink Tina.. Wonderful colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks everyone for liking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog hopping and stumbled onto your beautiful blog.
    Nice post, very cool, literally !

    Visit my blogs too, please add comments.
    Thanks
    Rajiv
    http://www.magnificentdewdrops.blogspot.com
    http://www.magicalpresent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This drink looks amazing!! With it's lovely green color it's soothing eyes, i am sure it must be soothing the parched throats as well :)
    You have nice and innovative recipes here..Glad to follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very refreshing and so soothing... perfect to beat the summer heat.. Thanks for sending this yummy recipe to my event.. Looking for more yummy recipes...

    Sowmya
    Event - Authentic Indian Sweets w giveaway
    Event - Kid's delight - Sweet Treats
    Event - WTML w giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for dropping t my space and sharing your lovely comments.Your comments are my inspiration and the way to improve.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...